Subject Re: [IB-Architect] Re: Optimal function of DESC Index versus ASC Index ?
Author Ann W. Harrison
At 01:11 PM 11/5/2002 +0100, Paul Reeves wrote:

>Scrollable cursors were implemented a long while ago (ie, in InterBase
>days), but QA was never completed satisfactorily so they weren't turned on.

Actually, the situation is a bit different. Scrolling cursors and
expression indexes (and other things that escape my senile mind)
were implemented and tested for our dBase emulation. It was all
part of the Ashton-Tate relationship. Once Ashton-Tate and
dBase disappeared, so did interest in the features. It's true
that they need testing, but they're in a different category from
the WAL (write ahead log) that was abandoned when problems were
found in testing. There is every reason to think that scrollable
cursors will work correctly.

Regards,

Ann
www.ibphoenix.com