Subject Re: [IB-Architect] RE: Classic vs. superserver (long, very very long)
Author Jim Starkey
At 02:05 PM 10/15/02 -0400, pschmidt@... wrote:

>We (royal we here), would need to rewrite the SQL compiler, not sure how
much
>work that would be, I haven't seen the code, and downloading the source is
a major
>drag at 48K.

It's doable. But you would have to download the code first (sorry).
And you would have understand it (sorry).

>> Once you started, however, it would be tempting to extend the runtime
>> data structures to more closely model SQL semantics, but this would
>> be strictly optional.
>
>It's an issue of, might as well as, it's all ripped apart anyway, and
changing some of
>the data structures might lower the PITA factor, rather then doing
something in a
>goofy manner, clean up the data structure and do it the way it should be
done.

Excuse me, for somebody who hasn't bothered to download let alone
understand the code, perhaps you are a little presumptuous about
the PITA factor? You know you're talking about my code here, I
presume.

While were waiting for Mr. O'Donohue to explain connection management
in a hybrid multi-thread/multi-process server, perhaps you could
explain how the engine data structure's should have been designed?

Jim Starkey