Subject Re: [IB-Architect] Classic vs. superserver (long, very very long)
Author Jaume Andreu Sabater Malondra
On Tuesday 08 October 2002 17:40, Ann W. Harrison wrote:

> Here's my take on the issue of classic vs. superserver.
[..]
> Borland has found a way to kill runaway queries in SuperServer -
> we can too.

Here are my two cents:

1. I am not a developer of Firebird, and I do not post "much" here, but I have
been following Firebird since it was born. Anyway, just take my opinion as a
novice's one.

2. I agree almost completely with Ann. This is what I would suggest:

a) Forget about classic architecture and concentrate on superserver
architecture. It's a waste of time and efforts to keep both of them due to
what Ann has explained.

b) Find the way Borland kills runaway queries and also find the way to use SMP
in superserver architecture. In general terms, concentrate on what's missing
on superserver architecture.

c) The rest is just a big amount of advantages against _very_ few
disadvantages. :-)

P.D. By the way, Linux rocks in servers market, and so the main effort
"should" concentrate on that port ;-)

--
Jaume Andreu Sabater Malondra
jsabater@...