Subject Re: [IB-Architect] Data clustering
Author Jim Starkey
At 09:22 AM 7/2/01 -0700, Steve Landrum wrote:
>I could support using index names. What is your position
>on using the existing field that Ian Newby brought up.

I defined that field in case JRD ever needed to support
different types of physical indexes structure -- hash, precise,
bona fide clustered, etc. I suggest it be reserved for that
purpose. Since there is absolutely nothing differenet the
engine would need to do to support de facto ordered tables,
I don't see any point in recording the load order in the
system tables. Just my very humble opinion, as usual.

Jim Starkey