Subject Re: [IB-Architect] Compile Time Triggers
Author Dalton Calford
It would require more work on the developers side, and would require that the
developer understands the implications and traps of the method involved.
But, it would allow the fuctionality to be implemented immediately, as well
as making other functionality possible.

I mentioned to Ann awhile back about the usefullness (and drawbacks) of
various new triggers (on database connect, on database disconnect, on select,
on row_select, etc) that would (combined with more procedure language power)
make IB extreamly versitile, but, historic circumstances and other
commitments surely disrailed that old conversation.

We had gotten as far as what possible transaction the trigger would be in and
what other ramifications may plague us. I will try to find my old notes on
the subject.

I personally love the idea of a select trigger, but I would want it as a
trigger/proc language implementation vs a external plugin. I have alway put
the idea away on a shelf with the idea of dynamic sql within proc/trigger
language.

best regards

Dalton