Subject Re: Proxy Query ?
Author Craig Stuntz

That's an interesting thought, because the implications are much larger.
Doing this would mean the statements can't be optimized until runtime (even
if the "remote" DB were accessible at design time, the index statistics
might not reflect what will be in the "real" "remote" DB at runtime). And
(optionally) deferring optimization to runtime might have other
advantages -- the ability to build statements "on the fly" in a stored proc
would be useful, for instance.

FWIW,

-Craig

--