Subject Re: [IB-Architect]
Author Jim Starkey
At 01:02 PM 2/2/01 +0100, murasr1.eti@... wrote:
>Hi
>
>I'm interesting for Pascal precompiler to IB and I have some questions to
>all (?):
>
>1. Exists this precompiler at all - and now?
>
>2. Is this precompiler part of OpenSource or ..., is it acceptable for IB6?
>
>3. Is anywhere the group / company /person or persons working with or on
>this precompiler?
>
>4. Is anywhere the documentation for this precompiler?
>
>Thanks,

There is a single preprocessor with a variety of code generators
for the various languages. And, yes, there is PASCAL support.
That's the good news. The bad news is that PASCAL was such an
improvished language that each vendor made vast, mutually incompatible
extensions to the degree that Apollo PASCAL and DEC PASCAL (to
pick two examples) were so radically different that completely
different code generaters were written.

It is highly unlikely that any PASCAL you might want to use has
more than a passing resemblence to any of the dialects supported.
The only advice I can give is to try the various alternatives
to see what comes closed, get the source, and run with it. Or
switch to a more standard language.

You should also know, when considering your options, that GPRE
was my first C program. A student of computer languages might
refer to as "a Bliss program written in C."

Good luck, Mr. Phelps.

Jim Starkey