Subject Re: [IB-Architect] SQL Scripts
Author Adam Clarke
----- Original Message -----
From: "Jim Starkey" <jas@...>
Sent: Saturday, December 08, 2001 3:13 AM

> So, when somebody asks for a bandaid, ask about the wound.

I see the problem that Jim described in this response all the time. In fact
the more the client I am working with is used to solving problems in their
own job the worse it gets.

What we do is ask them to start again describing the PROBLEM only, not how
they imagine it might be solved, we get to that bit later. If they must
propose how the problem might be solved it had to be done in a seperate and
subsequent statement.

We should encourage people to submit their feature requests to this list in
this form. Perhaps a web page with a few examples that we could point people
to would help?

Cheers
Adam