Subject Re: [IB-Architect] SQL Scripts
Author Marco Lauria
At 11.38 07/12/2001 +0000, you wrote:
>Hi Paul,
> There are two options; either the client library parses the script or
>the DSQL level accepts multiple statements at the same time. The second
>option is preferable to me in that tools which bypass the client library
>(such as FirebirdJDBC) can access the same functionality.

I think that this is a useful thing....
the biggest difference I noticed using SQL Server was in fact this...
you can copy a stored procedure in the manager
and execute a portion of it directly there.
Also at this level SQL Server allows you to declare variables
and use them as we do with FB in the Stored Procedure.

Regards,
Marco Lauria