Subject Re: [IB-Architect] Rows Affected inside of a stored procedure or trigger
Author Dmitry Kuzmenko
Hello, Jason!

Jason Wharton wrote:

> I think it would be VERY useful to have a trigger/stored procedure
> language enhancement such that you could do something like this:

> UPDATE ATBL
> SET ACOL = :VAL
> WHERE AKEY = :KEY
> AFFECTED :ROWS_AFFECTED;

It was in my wishlist, and I think it will be enough to have system variable
for connection (transaction?) context, just to be ensured that last UPDATE or DELETE
statements inside procedure or trigger will populate ROWS_AFFECTED.

People wants to know is there were any records updated or deleted by last statement, or not.
This feature is already available in IB API, and used in BDE and other client libraries.

--
Dmitry Kuzmenko, Epsylon Technologies.