Subject Re: [IB-Architect] SUPERSERVER_V2
Author Ann Harrison
At 04:24 PM 1/31/2001 +0300, Dmitry Kuzmenko wrote:

>Reading sources I've found interesting define named
>SUPERSERVER_V2.
>#ifdef SUPERSERVER_V2
> FILE_FLAG_OVERLAPPED |
> FILE_FLAG_NO_BUFFERING |
>#endif
>
>these two flags (in SUPERSERVER_V2 ifdef) looks very interesting.
>Does somebody tested performance with this define enabled?
>
>p.s. also, who can comment another interesting define -
>ISC_DATABASE_ENCRYPTION?

One of the characteristics of the development of InterBase
at Borland is that some directions were explored and abandoned,
leaving the code in place, but conditionalized out. SUPERSERVER_V2
was such an effort. The one consistent factor among these features
is that they never made it into the QA system. Some are more complete
than others. Expression indexes and scrollable cursors are two more
such features.

Regards,

Ann
www.ibphoenix.com