Subject Re: [IB-Architect] Security pieces
Author Doug Chamberlin
At 1/19/2001 01:09 AM (Friday), Claudio Valderrama C. wrote:
> I don't know if this helps in some way or not, so feel free to
> ignore this
>posting. It seems that we are discussing at least 3 levels of security in
>latest days:

I think there is also a fourth category:

4) Security of the files on the server. Various installations may or may
not set proper access levels to ISC4.GDB and other critical files. Some
have asked for encrypted GDB files so that theft of a GDB will not expose
all the data within it. Protecting stored procedure source code may fall
into this category but I see it more in Claudio's item 3.