Subject Re: [IB-Architect] The Borland Back Door
Author Willi Krenn
----- Original Message -----
From: "Doug Chamberlin" <dchamberlin@...>
To: <IB-Architect@egroups.com>
Sent: Wednesday, January 10, 2001 3:07 PM
Subject: Re: [IB-Architect] The Borland Back Door

> Be aware that when you go to IBPhoenix to get the ibsecure patch program
> you should use a command-line FTP client program because you may not see
> the file listed in a GUI client. I tried to use WS-FTP the first time and
> could not get he file because it did not show up in the file list on the
> server. Better to follow the command-line example from the web site.

WS_FTP is capable of downloading it.. (press the right mouse-button in the
FTP-Server dir. and select FTP-Commands, Retr etc..)

After patching my IBServer, I did a small diff to see what was changed an I
guess I saw the correct ?-) pwd. and the name of the IB internal QA function. I
then tried to log in using this password/username combination to verify my
suspicions but that failed, both from IBConsole and IB_WISQL..
So here comes my question: Is it possible to log into IB with this
username/password combination using a normal application that accesses the
server with e.g. IBObjects? I hope not...

Willi