Subject RE: [IB-Architect] Re: Fixing a corrupt database
Author Claudio Valderrama C.

Yes, it's very specific, it solves s typical problem. I only pass the URL.

> 3. If anybody gets the problem below, do not pay $195.00 for the privilige
> of using it, I have a similar utility which is available Free of Charge.

In this case, I want to know where is the URL to your utility or if you're
going to put it in the near future. Saying "I have a free fix" but keeping
it in the shadow won't help. <g>

> 4. All it is doing is patching the Database header page.

That's very interesting. Assuming it does only that (I don't have any
relationship with that company), I wonder why GFIX never did that... simply
put, I can't believe Interbase personnel would have had problems including
this option. Sorry for being blunt, but if GFIX is not able to do that and a
program that cost $195 fixes that ultra-easy problem, then it's a shame on
IB utilities, period.

> 5. Claudio, you might want to remove the link :-)

No, because I track all things that *might* be useful... expecting that the
reader should use the own criterion to decide, as always.

C.