Subject Re: [IB-Architect] Re: Fixing a corrupt database
Author Paul Beach
Claudio,

This is the link that you have - below:

1. This will not fix the problem.
2. The tool that they refer to is specific.
3. If anybody gets the problem below, do not pay $195.00 for the privilige
of using it, I have a similar utility which is available Free of Charge.
4. All it is doing is patching the Database header page.
5. Claudio, you might want to remove the link :-)

Regards
Paul

<<Interbase 5.0 Recovery Tool
Error: Next transaction older than oldest active transaction[266].

Suggestions:

Use GBAK to backup your Interbase Database.
Result - Error: Next Transaction Older Than Oldest Active Transaction
[ 266 ].
Use GFIX to fix your Interbase Database.
Result - Error: Next Transaction Older Than Oldest Active Transaction
[ 266 ].
Use GSTAT -h To Gather Database Statistics.
Result - Error: Next Transaction Older Than Oldest Active Transaction
[ 266 ].
Use RRAMDB.EXE To Successfully Recover Your Interbase Database.
Successfully Recovered Interbase 5.0 Database.
RRAMDB.EXE will successfully recover your corrupted Interbase 5.0 Database
and resyncronize your data records, allowing you to immediately perform a
GBAK and GRESTORE to recover your critical data. An easy to read display
reports the status of your databse and repairs corrupted indexes.

When your corrupted database will not open you have only three options:

1). Restore your current backup and re-key a days worth of data entry.
2). Start with a database shell and re-key entire database.
3). Order RRAMDB.EXE for $195.00 and recover your database, and key only 1
or 2 transactions.
For More Information E-MAIL rramtech@...>>

Paul Beach
Tel (UK):+44 (0) 1844 354465
E-mail: pabeach@...
www.ibphoenix.com
An InterBase Related Web Site for the Developer Community