Subject Re: [IB-Architect] Re: Is it _really_ necessary to expose the location of the database file?
Author Dennis Fantoni
Vince Duggan <vince@...> wrote in message
news:398FDAA7.340FAFAF@......
> Try this: ln -s actualDBname aliasname
>
> What do you mean, it doesn't work on NT?? :-)
>
> Vince

I would prefer to have the option of having the list of aliases to be known
to the database, and be collected at one place. also, i think it is very
cool that interbase uses as few operating system specific features as
possible. Esp. with NT - one of the reasons interbase is so stable on NT is
probably that it uses so few microsoft dll's. ;-) i can create havoc on an
NT, and still have my interbase running.

--
Regards
Dennis Fantoni