Subject RE: [IB-Architect] Building IB6
Author Phil Shrimpton
> From: Mike Nordell [mailto:tamlin@...]

Hi,

> > You also need Delphi if you want to build some gui stuff like IBConsole
> > etc., but you can get by without building this stuff.
>
> Could the compiler from www.freepascal.org possibly be used? I
> haven't tried
> it myself, but it seems to contain what's needed.

No, you need the VCL and especially the IBX components. I am sure these
could be made to compile using FPC, but I would guess it is against the
Licence (not IBX, because that as been Open sourced as well.)

To be honest, IBConsole is not up to much, and is quicker to use the
commandline tools for the admin stuff, and third party tools for working
with the databases.

Cheers

Phil