Subject Re: [IB-Architect] Its Out
Author Dmitry Kuzmenko
Hello, Alexander!

Alexander Rabtchevich wrote:

> sourced now, who can guarantee it will continue to be ONE branch, not
> different engines with DIFFERENT APIs? It would be hard to support such
> different and unknown databases. So Inprise must make the decision - which
> company it will consider as the Interbase Software Company, or they should quit
> supporting IB via natural components.

Read article about dbExpress architecture at community.borland.com.
dbExpress seems to be very complex to use after BDE and IBX. Hope Jeff
wrote IBX version compatible with dbExpress. I mean, after using IBX
you will NEVER decide to "downsize" to dbExpress.

> ISC) to develop it? If it's true, the community can look at Fib+, which is the
> http://www.geocities.com/buzz_ss/buzz.html
> I think that the author will not be against such an idea.

FIBPlus have it's own way. It already supports IB 6 dialects (as I know),
and thus gives new life to FIBC. So, there were free way before opensourcing IBX :-)

--
Dmitry Kuzmenko, Epsylon Technologies.
Welcome to http://ib.demo.ru/ (1251)