Subject RE: [IB-Architect] First impressions
Author Adam Clarke

PostgreSQL is hardly Linux only. It is also ported to windows. In addition I
cite the precedent of other cross platform OSS projects such as Perl and
Apache. While these can be compiled on Win32 it is harder to do. I suspect
that Interbase will be harder still.

> multi-platform source
> needs multi-platform build platform options.

Which is what was suggested. Bill pointed out that autoconf could be used on
Windows but it requires some aditional (free) tools which provide a more
unix like environment for the build. For those wanting to build Interbase
from source that isn't a big ask I wouldn't think.

> It will be a mistake to assume that nobody will want/need to do a test
> build on Windows;

Nobody assumed that. I clearly indicated I was referring to a majority
position (on Windows) and clearly stated a possible alternative which could
meet the requirements of the minority.

> nor that those without access to a Linux box are
> incapable of using a build configuration tool.

Now I'm confused. Where did anyone say that?

Cheers
Adam