Subject Re: [IB-Architect] Its Out
Author Gregory Deatz
I agree with Bill.

To add to the list of questions: What are Inprise's plans to manage the
product? Without Ann or Paul at the helm, what do they plan to do? How
does *Inprise* plan to develop the source code? How does *Inprise* plan
to support the community?

AND--at BorCon, Dale was openly *committed* to the deal with Ann and
Paul. Why the sudden non-commit? Why suddenly downplay the InterBase
Software Corp's involvement in this?

Although it's terribly exciting to finally have an open source database,
it's also very disturbing to think that it seems *Inprise* has no plan
for InterBase except to shove it out the door.

I'd like to see Ann, Paul and Matt at the helm of a company that can
build genuine excitement for an open-source database. I'd like to see
them executing a well thought out plan for moving InterBase forward, and
for pushing a free database into the community.