Subject RE: [IB-Architect] Table Inheritance
Author Claudio Valderrama C.

[snip]

> The important implication is this: because the semantics is on run-time
> (DML), this means that you don't need to check the correctness of these
> triggers (mainly the existence of new/old variables in tables), at
> definition time. You can place this at run-time and at the
> responsibility of
> the designer/programmer. So, this realization should speed up a lot of
> things because you can forego constraint checking. All you need
> is the blr.

A couple of days ago I asked you in this list if you wanted something like
the MsSql7 procedures where checks are deferred to run-time, so all kinds of
weird behaviors may happen and are left to the programmer, because you can
drop objects used by your code.
You answered NO. Then, I ask you again: do you still say NO?
;-)

C.
---------
Claudio Valderrama C.
Ingeniero en Informática - Consultor independiente
http://members.tripod.com/cvalde