Subject Re: [IB-Architect] Interbase connection limit and Support related Problems
Author Jim Starkey
At 09:10 AM 7/7/00 +1000, Jan Mikkelsen wrote:

>While Solaris may have a broken C runtime library, the operating system API
>is not broken in the way you suggest. What is Interbase doing using C
>stdio, anyway?

Stdio is used for log files, license files, external files, and the like.
Socket I/O uses send/recv. The problem isn't with sockets, but random
file opens.

The work around was to use a public source C library with a more
generous slot for the fd. That solved the immediate problem, but
some other limit, as yet undiagnosed, popped up.

Jim Starkey