Subject Re: [IB-Architect] Super-transactions and Incremental Backup
Author Doug Chamberlin
At 6/20/00 03:59 PM (Tuesday), Jim Starkey wrote:
>Unless the super-transaction that defines a freeze point performs updates,
>the newest pre-freeze point record versions and the at-freeze point record
>versions are one and the same.

Agreed. I guess we are referring to the same records with different labels.

I don't see the super transaction that establishes the freeze point doing
anything other than work directly required to establish the freeze point. A
possible exception would be rebuilding the current records so they are all
full records without reference to those versions before or after. That
would free the garbage collector to not have to do this at another time and
thus complicating it further.