Subject RE: [IB-Architect] Wolves and IB-Architect
Author David Berg
Jim,

Thanks for the background and clarification. For what it's worth, I was not
aware of your background and current status even though I was a Borland
employee from 1992 to 1996 and worked right next to some of the IB
development team.

Which brings up a bit of a nit. On this list, it's hard to tell who is and
isn't an Interbase employee. Most people don't list company affiliations,
so you have to guess who's who (you can sometimes tell it from the E-Mail
address, but since Outlook doesn't show E-Mail addresses, just names, you
have to drill down into the name to see it).

Usually it's easy to do because of the content of the messages:
non-employees ask questions / raise issues and employees answer them.

However, sometimes it's easy to confuse a knowledgeable non-employee with an
employee (or an employee who's asking questions with a non-employee).

The nice thing about not knowing who's an employee is that everyone's equal.
The down side is that people are more likely to misinterpret someone, or to
take offense at something when they don't understand the context (but think
they do).

Thanks,

Dave Berg
TCI