Subject Re: [IB-Architect] Odbc/Jdbc Driver
Author Jim Starkey
At 07:21 AM 5/19/00 -0700, Edward Flick wrote:
>Excellent idea my friend I salute you for your valiant
>efforts.

Not at all. Ann is making me do it. She looked at me mournfully
and I wilted.

>P.S. Are you going to use the currently availabe JDBC
>driver, are you going to write your own, or do you
>have a newer JDBC driver than the one on the web. The
>currently available one does not work with
>LI-superserver. Is the super server compatible one
>out yet. If it is could you ask the powers that be to
>pop it up on their web server.

I am doing a from scratch implementation. Although the Jdbc
implementation could be JNI wrapped to be an alternative
to InterClient/InterServer, that isn't on my plate.

I am currently using the published (sic) API as the basis.
I do have an alternate Interbase DSQL implementation I wrote
to rescue a project when an unnamed Borland subsidiary totally
broke DSQL around the time of V4. I'll probably toss that
into the source tree sometime for yucks. [Note: a client
side DSQL whomps server side any day.]

Jim Starkey