Subject Re: [IB-Architect] Messaging API
Author Helen Borrie
At 01:43 PM 17-05-00 -0400, you wrote:
>At 5/17/00 01:20 PM (Wednesday), Jason Wharton wrote:
> >So, following this model, I see the security stuff applying in parallel just
> >the way that it applies to the other tables. Use the SELECT and INSERT
> >privilages to govern who can do what with messages.
>
>But...
>
>Since the message table holds all messages won't the SQL GRANT scheme fail
>to address security needs for different types of messages? GRANTS don't
>apply to subsets of rows, do they?

As long as there was going to be a special type of table for messages, why
not have a special type of view, as well? IOW, employ a similar
row-specific security strategy on messages as one already does on tables...

Helen

http://www.interbase2000.org
"Ask not what your free, open-source database can do for you,
but what you can do for your free, open-source database."
(J.F.K.)