Subject Re: [IB-Architect] BLOB filters and BLOB types
Author Jim Starkey
At 03:51 PM 5/9/00 -0300, Marcelo Lopez Ruiz wrote:
>> Shall we consider adding the following:
>>
>> #define isc_blob_jpeg 25
>> #define isc_blob_gif 26
>> #define isc_blob_rtf 27
>> #define isc_blob_xml -400
>> #define isc_blob_html 28
>> #define isc_blob_wav 29
>> #define isc_blob_mp3 30
>
>What about...
>#define isc_blob_ico 31 Windows icon files
>#define isc_blob_gdb 32 InterBase database file
>#define isc_blob_dfm 33 Delphi Form file
>#define isc_blob_bsh 34 Script file
>?

An Inerbase database file isn't a well defined format in the
sense that it's a moving target. Also, from an architecture
point of view, nothing but the engine and possibly a low level
maintenance utility should ever be aware of the format. Developers
are, of course, exempted.

Is there a definitive specification of a Delphi Form File? A fixed
specification is a necessary prerequisive to a subtype number.

Jim Starkey