Subject RE: [IB-Architect] Re: authentication issue
Author Claudio Valderrama C.
[...]
> The next question is: how does one become authorized with the
> privilege of
> modifying the InterBase configuration repository? :-)
>
> Bill Karwin

Easy, sir: you write your XML-registry and using XML tags, you give default
permissions that can be customized at install time. After that, you must log
on as sysdba to modify these settings and of course, you are the one
implementing the XML-registry, so don't ask such recursive question to us
poor developers. And if you want to be more general, please forget this
limited XML and go straight to the father of all other *MLs, I mean SGML
(Generalized Markup Language).
:-)
I fear that XML might be the next red herring in the list of forgotten
fishes.
If you want to manage your own db engine to control the permissions on
Interbase (kind of electric motor for starting your car's normal motor),
then look at odi.com (now ExcelonCorp). I used ObjectStore's light cousin,
PSE Pro; among others are versions for C++ and Java and they love XML, too.
I don't know how crazy are you, Bill, so I'm giving you ideas for your next
dreams.
;-)

C.