Subject RE: [IB-Architect] Database names
Author Doug Chamberlin
At 5/1/00 11:57 PM (Monday), Claudio Valderrama C. wrote:
>The registry is for keeping settings. However, several dumb
>companies and developers have used it as a mini-database for general data.

I agree that using the registry to actually store the files used by a
database would be improper, both because the registry, itself, has distinct
disadvantages, but also because these are not program "settings". Perhaps a
pointer to the file which holds the file lists could be put into the
registry, but not the whole list. (If we were to do that then why not put
all of ISC4.GDB in the registry?)

I like the XML strategy. Standards based, cross platform, tool friendly,
progressive. XML is the new ASCII.