Subject Shared Libraries WAS a lost thread
Author Helen Borrie
At 01:29 PM 27-04-00 -0600, you wrote:
>[snip]
>developement) and judging by the amount of DLL-HELL I go through on a
>regular basis I would say that nobody has gotten the "shared library" thing
>right.
>
>:wq
>Tim Uckun

OS/2 did get it right first time. The part that M$ got right was the
marketing strategy. If IBM had innovated back in '89 instead of forcing
its brilliant PC operating system onto its 110% proprietary hardware
architecture, just think what life might have been like today...

Helen
http://www.interbase2000.org
"Ask not what your free, open-source database can do for you,
but what you can do for your free, open-source database."
(J.F.K.)