Subject Re: [IB-Architect] PHP and Interbase
Author Helen Borrie
Yes, it is the wrong list. This is NOT a support list.

Send your problem to the interbase@... list. If you are not
subscribed there, you can subscribe by going to http://www.mers.com

Helen
(Moderator)
At 04:24 PM 13-04-00 -0700, you wrote:
>If I have posted the following question to the wrong list, please refer me
>to the correct one.
>

>I have difficulty in connecting?/executing a query from PHP 4.0 Release
>Candidate 1 to Interbase 6.0 beta on the Linux Redhat 6.1 platform running
>Apache 3.9.12. I have compiled PHP as a static module with the
>"--with-interbase" option. The code below is almost identical to the
>example in the PHP manual, and uses the example database installed with
>Interbase 6.0:
>
><?php
>
>$host = '/usr/interbase/examples/employee.gdb';
>$dbh = ibase_connect($host, 'sysdba', 'masterkey');
>
>$query = 'select * from employee';
>
>$sth = ibase_query($dbh, $query);
>
>while ($row = ibase_fetch_object($sth)) {
> print $row->first_name . "\n";
>}
>
>ibase_close($dbh);
>
>?>
>
> >From what I can tell, PHP is connecting fine to the database file (though
>oddly enough doesn't seem to care about the username/password). When I open
>the PHP file above in a browser, I get "The document contained no data" in
>Netscape or "The page cannot be displayed" in IE. Commenting out "$sth =
>ibase_query($dbh, $query);" gives the proper warning of "InterBase module: 0
>is not result index in /www/index.php on line 16". Therefore I think there
>is something happening with the ibase_query() function that is not right.
>
>Any help would be greatly appreciated.
>
>Filip

http://www.interbase2000.org
"Ask not what your free, open-source database can do for you,
but what you can do for your free, open-source database."
(J.F.K.)