Subject RE: [IB-Marketing] Cross-posting
Author Claudio Valderrama C.
Can I add something, please?
When an email is sent to onelist, if it's plain text and your preferences
at onelist are receiving text-only, you get the original posting plus a
text-based banner with a hyperlink.
However, when you post in HTML, regardless of the preferences of the
readers at onelist, always the posting is delivered as HTML and instead of
the static ad, you get a delightful "applet" (for lack of a better name)
that tries to connect to the advertiser's site when you read the mail.
Perhaps I'm paranoid, but I found these applets really annoying.
When a subscriber posts in plain text, bandwidth is saved and the "live"
ad/applet cannot be included by onelist.
Ok, I'm ready to get flamed by the lovers of HTML-based email.
;-)

C.
---------
Claudio Valderrama C.
Ingeniero en Informática - Consultor independiente
http://members.xoom.com/cvalde