Subject Re: [IB-Architect] Pros and cons...
Author Helen Borrie
At 06:56 AM 16-03-00 +0000, you wrote:
>From: "Phil Shrimpton" <phil@...>

Hi Phil,
You and I must be joint holders of the Guinness record for the number of
mailing lists we both belong to! I don't know why we don't just run a
cable from your place to mine.

Helen

>Hi,
>
>Just thought I would dive in :-)
>
>Can anyone produce a brief list of the pros and cons of each method (Classic
>Vs SuperServer). I know little bits have been explained from time to time,
>but I can seam to find a definitive List. I like the ability to be able to
>kill a client in Linux IB, but the recent tests of IB against postgres
>identified the lack to caching in the classic architecture as a cause of
>'reads' being slow. What others are there?
>
>Cheers
>
>Phil

"Ask not what your free, open-source database can do for you,
but what you can do for your free, open-source database."
(J.F.K.)