Subject RE: [IB-Architect] Interbase Culture and Open Source
Author Andy Gibson

I don't suggest that developers 'blindly' recommend Interbase without a
thought to the actual issues. What I am suggesting is that rather than
'downgrade' the solution from Oracle or SQL server (i.e. an app that
requires features / functionality from these DB's), 'Upgrade' an application
that would use Paradox, or Access or some other network DB to Interbase. I
suspect these are mostly used because they are available for free (once the
developer has the tools to generate the DB). Also, customers find out they
get scalability for almost nothing.

Regards,

Andy Gibson