Subject Re: [IB-Architect] Disk Bandwidth was License Question
Author Christer Matson
Well, people have give the computers the instructions how to accomplish the
smartness in the first place. And then the productivity gains must be greater
than the cost of this smartness. So I guess one very important point is having
the optimizer do a more than decent job without too much overhead, which isn't
the case in many situations as it stands today.

I think your question below is too general, of course people are needed to
make computers smarter.

In article <3.0.5.32.20000327093608.00a178a0@...>, Jim
Starkey wrote:
- snip

> I re-iterate my question: Why should people have to tell computers
> how to be smart?

- snip

* eMailBye
* Christer Matson, Siljansnas, Sweden