Subject Re: [IB-Architect] Synchronisation between classic architecture server processes
Author Ann Harrison
At 11:23 AM 3/24/00 +1100, Jan Mikkelsen wrote:

>The reason for these particular questions is that it struck me that a
>classic server could be turned into a linkable library. This would remove
>the need for single user applications to start a separate process, and also
>avoids disrupting other IB applications on the system.

I guess I'm confused. The individual database access programs (called INET
servers) in the classic model are 90% shared library, but they do require a
process context. Perhaps I'm being dim. Each connection starts a process
so it controls it's own volatile data structures. I'm at a loss to see
why that disrupts other IB applications on the system - except in the normal
way that database users (and O/S processes) conflict with each other.

Ann