Subject Re: [IB-Architect] Re: [IB-Priorities] Isolation level implemetation
Author Andy Lewis
Though a lurker here, I am using and have great hopes for IB. I would
agree both on the general guidleines for adding competing features, as
well as on the "dirtier" isolation levels. On many systems they result
is significnatly reduced overhead when using a read-only data source.
Whilethe performance gains may or may not apply in IB, people are used
to it, and well, perception is reality.

That said, I also have another question for the Architect group. I have
been evaluating the superserver versus classic model and classic seems
to offer me some significant advantages (I'm running Superserver right
now on an SMP Linux box). Before migrating to it however, I was
wondering what the long term goals are. Is the classic model going to
continue to be supported?

Thanks!