Subject RE: [IB-Architect] UDF and null
Author Claudio Valderrama C.

Hmmm, one basic idea is that I trust the administrator of a system.
Otherwise, all is lost. If the SYSDBA can install a tested UDF, the security
problem could be lessened.
However, for this to work, we need to extend GRANT/REVOKE to UDFs, any
reason why this would break the engine, for example? Speaking of that, let's
remember any user can spoil insertions in tables that rely on a unique field
filled by a generator in a trigger, because anyone can change the value of a
generator, another type of object that needs security.
Hope the [rather unknown] blob filters are not in the next list of victims
to be deprecated.

C.