Subject RE: [IB-Architect] UDF Functions
Author Leyne, Sean
Ann,

(After a very busy couple of weeks...)

So I've had a quick look at the definition of the AVG function, so
instead of 20 source code references where down to about 10 (if memory
serves). Most of the references are in syntax parsers (there is, of
course, more than 1).

What I found interesting is that I didn't actually see where the
implementation of AVG is actually coded.

Can you give me a pointer for this.

Sean

-----Original Message-----
From: Leyne, Sean [mailto:InterbaseArchitecture@...]
Sent: Wednesday, November 08, 2000 7:33 PM
To: 'IB-Architect@egroups.com'
Subject: RE: [IB-Architect] UDF Functions

Ann,

The 20 source code references, where for the new built-in function
EXTRACT! Sorry I should have mentioned the name ;-(

I would have expected the same to be true of any new function added to
the engine. Extract should be appropriate guidepost, since I viewed it
as a fair representation of most UDF functions - a keyword which accepts
values and returns a result.

I will also have a look at the implementation of AVG, thanks for the
pointer.

Sean