Subject RE: [IB-Architect] Apology For Message: Vote
Author Chris Jewell
> From: "Tobias Giesen" <tobias_subscriber@...>
> Date: Mon, 6 Nov 2000 19:49:17 +0100
> Whether it will be able to convert liberal voters is another matter ... I
> sure doubt it. It didn't say one positive thing about Bush.

Not to mention that if I were undecided, receiving a spam in favor of
a candidate, irrespective of the actual content, would incline me to
vote for the opponent. When I saw that spam this morning, my first
suspicion was that the sender was a closet Gore supporter hoping to
drive away Bush voters. (NO smiley.)

Before I saw the apology, I had already sent my standard "Kindly
strangle this spammer with his own entrails and leave his corpse for
the crows" message to abuse@egroups.com and abuse@.... I'll
follow that up with a message to the same addresses saying that I have
received and accepted an apology which I consider sincere, and that I
consider further action unnecessary.

--
Chris Jewell developer/sysadmin voice: 831-431-6531
cjewell@... InterBase Software, Borland-Inprise fax: 831-431-6510