Subject Re: [IB-Architect] Rebuilding foreign keys system indexes
Author Dmitry Kuzmenko
Hello, Ann!

Ann Harrison wrote:

> 2) Extend the foreign key constraint definition language with
> the option [[NO ]INDEXES]. The default would be INDEXES.
> NO INDEXES will create the constraint without creating
> any new indexes. This one is a relatively easy change.

Also I think engine must check is there any indices that
can be used for this FK. If yes, engine must not create the
same index twice (even if INDEXES specified).
This allow to fix known problem with FK index names in PLAN: user can create
index with desired name first, then he can create FK that would not create the same
index again.

Also this will fix another problem when FK points to PK and thus there are
2 or more indices (if there are 1 or more FK) on the same field.

--
Dmitry Kuzmenko, Epsylon Technologies.