Subject Re: [IB-Architect] Interbase in non client/server setup
Author Adrian Mercieca
Dietrich Schulten wrote:

> Adrian Mercieca <amercieca@...> schrieb:
>
> > Hi all,
>
> > Is it possible to use interbase in a non client/server environment? Can
> one use
> > Interbase as a local database engine? Or does an Interbase server have to
> be
> > running to work with Interbase databases?
>
> A server process must be running, but you can use it on the same machine
> as your client app with a "local" protocol, if that's what you are
> asking, i.e. no need for TCP/IP.
> In versions pre 6 there was also a local interbase engine, but AFAIK it
> was confined to this local protocol just for licensing reasons.
>
> Dietrich

Hi Dietrich,

thanks for your answer.

I'm using 'local interbase' 5.5 on windows. This is the local interbase that
came with C++ Builder 5 Pro. I guess this uses the local protocol right? Also,
I downloaded the latest binaries for win32 from the interbase website - how
does one run this in 'local' mode/protocol?

Thanks again - Adrian.