Subject RE: [IB-Architect] Memory allocation in Super Server
Author Dan Palley
Hi Charlie:

Yes, the database and Interbase configuration are identical on the new
server. We're running IB 5.6 on Win2K; we were on NT 4.0, SP 6 on the old
server.

The hardware config is slightly different. The old server was a dual
Pentium Pro 200 w/128 MB of memory. The new server is a dual P3 800 (w/only
one processor installed) and 256 MB of memory.

Other than the memory issue, we're thrilled with the performance of IB on
the new server.

Dan

-----Original Message-----
From: Charlie Caro [mailto:ccaro@...]
Sent: Thursday, October 19, 2000 11:41 AM
To: IB-Architect@egroups.com
Subject: Re: [IB-Architect] Memory allocation in Super Server

Dan,

So the exact same application/InterBase configuration running under
Windows NT 4.0 (Service Pack x) was not accumulating memory in the IB
server?

BTW, InterBase and W2K isn't a certified configuration yet. I wouldn't
advise running production applications there. From a technical
standpoint, if Microsoft has done W2K right, it shouldn't matter.

Regards,
Charlie